10.28.2010

Lets Pretend We've Been Friends Forever...

Ok.. So I get this random convo the other day at my shop

that reads:

You've got such charming listings! I'm going to add a link to your Etsy shop in a special list of my favorite Etsy shops on my blog...that's if I didn't already...I've loved your shop for some time now...it's soooo tempting to buy one of those lovely little "tattered bundles"!!!

Have a great day!
Michelle



caught me on a REALLY, REALLY bad day.....
so I replied with this:

Michelle.. you made my day. really.. It is a long crazy story... but I am now hiding away at the shore.. in a storm..crying the blues... your convo actually made me cry more..but in a good way... thank you!! it is the little things in life..that can totally change your perspective..
Hugs..
Cat

If you can sense it..I wasn't in a happy place at the time... so I spent my time beach bound..
gathered my thoughts and scoured the shores...left phones and computers behind..and when I come home..
of course I am like Crap!! I need to log on and do a million things..
Unexpectedly I receive this response:

Okay...let's pretend we've been friends forever okay? If you need to talk...or just vent...I'm here.
I promise.
Two weeks ago, I received a reply to an online ad I did for "teddy bear restoration". The lady is one whose shop I visited when I first joined Etsy about two years ago. She had asked me how I was doing and unfortunately, I had received her note during a dark moment in my life. 
I couldn't resist telling her that things were kind of rough at that very moment and it was nice to hear from her. She wrote me back and simply said to me..."I'm here if you need me and I'm sending you a big virtual hug with tons of positive energy".
So, now, I'm sending you ****that big virtual hug and tons of positive energy*****!
Michelle

You can only imagine how grateful..and yes..now even more tearful... but in a good way! I was when I received this thoughtful convo...

It is the little things in this world.. the small seconds of time we take out.. One brief moment of compassion....that can make a huge difference and turn someone or their lives around..
Michelle will never know how much I appreciated that note...and of course.. we WILL be friends forever!
Do you have someone who randomly came into your life and perhaps changed it..or made it brighter?



xo   Cat

5 comments:

  1. I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me back.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im your newest follower from Thursday's Friend and Giveaways, I would love a follow back.
    Thanks
    Barbara

    http://couponscouponsandmorecoupons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww I know how much a few word at the right moment can build you up! Kudos to the lady who had such a great heart and hope your days get shinier! Rejoice a bit.. you can eat loads of candies this weekend without feeling guilty:)ha ha. I am now following you thanks to Thursday's Friends and Giveaways, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chills and tears...thank you for sharing this! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!