12.17.2010

HOLIDAY PINK SATURDAY....Favorite Christmas Tunes....

"Oh Mr. Kringle, is soon gonna jingle,
The bells that'll tinkle all your troubles away
Everybody's waitin' for the man with the bag
'cause Christmas is coming again....."

Yes.. one of my all time favorites from Kay Star...
The first time I saw it was at Radio City Music Hall in NYC
(not that I remember that particular show!)
But every year my family would go..and then go to Mamma Leone's.
which believe it or not...closed the year I had my first child and wanted to 
restart the tradition of NY and the Rockettes.. we started without Mamma'!


Yes.. the real deal!
Pink Saturday
Gave the option of posting your favorite Holiday tunes..
For me.. not only does it just "stick with ya"
It brings back almost 40 years of memories...and we keep going!
Please make sure you pop over to her blog to hear the rest of Holiday favs!

And to throw in some PINK..
Here is the finished Elfin tree..



Not the best quality pics.. But here she is!
Have a wonderful weekend all!

14 comments:

  1. Great song choice. I love the whimsy of your elfin tree! So adorable! Thanks for sharing and a very Merry Christmas!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful song! I love your tree.

    We saw the Rockettes twice while they were in Branson MO. Did you know they originated in St Louis? I wonder if that is why they brought a cast to Branson. They were there several years at Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those rockettes at Christmas! ... and I love the top of your tree! Thanks for sharing and Merry Pinks to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree and your favorite tune!!! So you!!!!

    Merry Merry!!

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones...Thank you for sharing HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only been to NY once and didn't see the Rockettes. I loved NY though...there is so much to see. My husband and I went to Atlantic City this summer for the first time. It was fun! Your Christmas tree is gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never seen the Rockettes-Your tree is very fun and different-love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all your photos. I saw the Rockettes when I was about 18. Long time ago. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picture of the Rockettes..something I always wanted to see, but nothing like that where I live, your Tree is so pretty.

    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and hope it's Merry!
    marian elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy PINK Saturday (a little late!) Oh WOW, your Elf Tree is wonderful! Love the giant suckers, where on Earth did you find those? And that little pixie at the top is too cute! Have a wonderful week and a Very Merry Christmas, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific, love the tune and the tree is so whimsical! Happy Pink Saturday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that your tree??!! I LOVE it! It's so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Rockettes, how COOL! What a wonderful tradition to start. Your tree is beautiful, love the topper! Happy Pink and have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your tree and home are beautiful! I don't have any plans to get to NY this Christmas..but it is a magical time of year. Glad I got to see The Nutcracker and Cape May was wonderful. Would have loved to run into you...maybe we can meet up some time? Love your Blog! God's blessings in the New Year! (We went to the Am Girl Store in NY in Sept..can't wait til they open the gifts this Christmas) Maybe next yr will make the Rockettes! We went to Mama Leone's after the Circle Line Cruise one year...sad she closed :(
    xoxo Jennifer aka Gigi (

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!