12.10.2010

Pink Saturday... Movie Night!


Welcome Rebels to another PINK SATURDAY hosted by Ms. Beverly who 
has also made this week FAVORITE HOLIDAY MOVIE as well.
Well... guess what my fav is??? Can you tell???
THE YEAR WITHOUT SANTA CLAUS....
Released on December 10th (uh um..date today?) 1974
is based on Phyllis McGinley's book of the same name.
The show is set in the 1920's and is narrated by Shirley Booth (as Ms. Claus)
Santa is voiced by Mickey Rooney.
The story is based upon how Santa wakes up with a cold and is told by his Dr. that he should make some changes to his routine on Christmas. Santa decides to take a holiday and leave it up to the elves, Jingle and Jangle to find people who still believe in Santa Claus. The elves run into trouble in a Southern State though when their baby reindeer Vixen is mistaken as a dog and taken to the pound.  At the pound...she sickens in the heat, the towns Mayor agrees to free the reindeer if Jingle and Jangle prove they are Santa's magical elves by making it snow in "South town" on Christmas Day.  Figuring into the storyline are MY FAVORITES!!! Heat Miser and his step brother Snow Miser. Mrs. Claus comes to ask them both to work out a compromise to permit snow in South town, which is Heat Miser's territory..he only agrees if Snow Miser will surrender the North Pole to his control for one day.  When they refuse to cooperate, Ms. Claus goes to their mother....Mother Nature..who forces them to compromise.
In the meantime..Santa dresses up in civilians clothes in order to find and rescue Vixen and ends up finding people who still believe in Santa Claus and the spirit of Christmas.  He even finds children who are willing to make him presents if he decides to take a holiday!  One little girl though is sad to miss Santa on Christmas Eve and she writes..Blue Christmas...
Touched by all the evidence he has seen of caring and generosity.. he decides to load up his sleigh and make his Christmas eve journey after all...
I suppose it's the variety.. the comedy..the sadness..the belief and the magic.....
(not to mention 2 little rebels!)
that make me love this movie so much...
Needless to say humming along to some of the songs ain't to bad either!


If you haven't seen it.. YOU MUST!!
and to add to this week's post...I'll add a little PINK!
These are just a few hints of what one of the Christmas tree's theme is going to based on...




Have a wonderful PINK SATURDAY!
And enjoy your movie night!
Make sure you hop over to Ms. Beverly's blog
to see other Favorite Holiday Movies....or a little Pink!
xo Cat

22 comments:

  1. Well, now I can see I have another movie I need to add to my repertoire. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday! God Bless you and keep you safe ....slow down and enjoy the season...don't forget it is Jesus who shine the brightest for us all...I love the lollipops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for stopping by my blog, I love your post and the little elf at the last of your pic's. From reading your post and the post of Crickets, I bet you enjoyed the book Gifts from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindberg, if you haven;t read it , it is a must! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  4. A film I haven't seen - I'll definitely have to get it, it sounds great! And I'm looking forward to seeing your tree: the preview is very enticing.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Christmas movies too.

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my Marie Antoinette holiday decorations. It took about a week to get everything to look just right!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

    Happy Pink Saturday,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cat! And Happy Pink Day! I love this little movie too! They don't make animations like this any more! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember seeing this movie...I need to see it again...your post inspired me, as I've forgotten lots about it. Pretty pinks in anticipation of pretty decorations. Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pinks are so lovely. I haven't seen that movie in years and it was a good one. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cat, I remember that movie but I don't think I have seen it for a long, long time..Must keep an eye out for it!

    Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that sweet movie!! Your pinks are gorgeous ~ can't wait to see your finished tree! That little elf is sooooo sweet!

    Thanks so much for visiting me today ~ hope you will come back often!

    Happy PINK SATURDAY!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  11. That movie is a blast from my past. Gotta love all those animations!
    Happy PS
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cat,
    Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for stopping by! They don't make cute movies much any more.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday. It's so fun to see all the favorite movies -- such a nice reminder of ones I've enjoyed and want to see again. Thanks for dropping by.
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that movie, had it until it wore out. I love the heat and cold miser song the most. Lovely post, happy PS-
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    Christmas bracelet giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your pinks! I can't remember if I've seen that movie or not. I need to go check it out. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your pink post this week, this was such a cute movie!
    Happy Holidays! Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore that little animation, use to watch it with the boys every year! Happy Pink Saturday!

    Hugs'
    Catlyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to find you! You have a lovely blog; fun and full of great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have to add your movie to my growing list of Christmas films. This really sounds like a cute movie. I hope you are having a great day and enjoying Pink Saturday. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the heat myser and mr. snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my hubbys favorite as well. He can't help but sing along with the Heat & Cold Misers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have definitely put that movie on my list to watch. Sounds like a fun watch. Happy way late Pink Saturday.... :) Lynn @thevintagenest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!