1.28.2011

Seahorse Shell Tags

Well you all know my girl Cricket is a beach bound one crazy ass wanna be mermaid beach comber....And if you ever could see all her galvanized tins..and vintage bottles and vessels filled with shell and sea glass you would just be shocked!
Only problem is.. Cricket is like an ever ready bunny.. she just keeps going and going... and the finds keep stacking up.  So since she has been down and out (not that that even stops her in 9 inches of snow to go scour the shores with a bad back!) I told her we were going to 'organize' ....just a tad.. of her many collections.


So while trying to get motivated myself for my  little Etsy shop I came up with these cute chalkboard seahorse's made out of balsam wood... drilled a hole.. added hemp twine...and now she can grab her chalk... play around in her mounds of treasures... and label away!



Now granted.. seahorse are a funky shape...
so adding text...could get a little complicated...
just short and sweet!


now I just hope she likes them!
(just in case.. I did other shapes too!)

xoxo
Cat

10 comments:

  1. Fun and full of summer, in my mind! Cute seahorses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, these labels are adorable! I have a question, do you have to use any special tools? I've been looking for some tags for my laundry baskets and I'm in love with these ones.

    Angie
    Linen + Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are perfect Cat!!! I love seahorses and what a great idea to use as tags! I am sure that Cricket will love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these!!!! I love them :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those came out great!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if I'm on the right blog here... love the post, and those tags (so clever).

    Thanks so much for visiting last week - and big apologies for not visiting back last weekend. Things have been fairly hysterical, battling a heavy cold, long stints on the computer (with quite a few very late nights) but I'm finally catching up now!

    Happy Pink Saturday and hugs from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these chalkboard tags! They can have so many uses!

    Thanks for grabbing the Be Mine Bonanza button! I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see napkin rings/placecards all in one. Adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable,Cat! I love the chalkboard tags.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!