2.22.2011

Inspiration for my girl....



You all know Cricket and I are the best of buds...
And if you follow her blog, you may have read between some lines that things aren't the greatest right now for her.
But the one thing I can say about my amazing mermaid... through the hardest of times, she will never fail you, let you down..be there in a New York second....and you would never know.....see.... the pain inside she has herself.
(mind you..I may feel pain..'physical' when she reads this..)
But I am writing this post..because I care.
Because I also believe it applies to everyone.
And right now my gypsea nurse soul sista mermaid...
YOU NEED THIS!



When you have done all that you can do, sometimes you are left in a place where you just have to wait. Waiting is painful, waiting is hard. It's perhaps one of the hardest skills we will ever have to develop in our lifetimes.

What if your waiting is ACTIVE? What if, instead of stopping everything to wait, you were to take an active approach and do what you CAN do (even if it has nothing to do with what you're waiting for) trying not to think about the things you cannot do yet.

Active waiting shortens the waiting time, fills your heart with joy instead of angst, and helps you to make progress. Then, if things do not turn out exactly as you'd expected or hoped, your life is full of other wonderful things that you developed during your waiting time.

Life is absolutely meant to be enjoyed, not just endured. Please take some time to actively seek and hold onto joyful experiences while you are waiting.

There is a plan for you. Hold on tight! Enjoy the journey, and smell the flowers while you are stopped.

You are such an inspiration to those around you. Show all of them how to actively wait, too.



Cricket.. you are so amazing and loved...
Believe!
xoxo
Cat


12 comments:

  1. I don't even know you girls, and this post made me tear up...your friendship is beautiful.
    sending you strength and patience...could you please pass it along to Cricket :)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat that is the greatest post for best friend! From what I know of both of you, you are kindreds and amazing friends and to reach out to Cricket touches my heart and I know it will touch hers as well! I pray that she will hold your words to be true and place them on her beautiful mermaid heart! Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending my prayers! I'm teary-eyed.Beautiful caring words.

    Thanks for letting me know that you lived at the Italian Market. What a coincidence! Hope that my painting did it justice! http://www.etsy.com/listing/68640386/south-philly-italian-market-original

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to support each other and Cricket is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cricket was the one who wrote a kind comment on only my third post and became my follower...She is a strong tough girl , something that you sense immediately ...She is a friend that everybody needs , I guess, HONEST !Your friendship is priceless . Your profound words are the cure and the remedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cricket is awesome. Love her. I am sending her positive vibrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry I am not up to date with your news. I will have to have a good look at what is going on. Thanks for the post.

    Take care and best wishes to you dear friend.
    Natasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so amazing, I hope she feels the strength & love in this post & things get easier for her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful sentiment...you are so fortunate to have each other in your lives to support each other when the other is down...that is BIG, you know. When one hurts, the other does too. I will you both in my thoughts and prayers.

    And....thank you for stopping by with your kind comment about the Baby Shower posting. I almost busted a rib with your "untie tubes" comment, Cat:)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for that post Cat.
    I don't know you or Cricket, but reading that while waiting "Life is meant to be enjoyed not just endured" reminded me that through all the trials in life I am currently enduring, there is still joy to be has, I kinda forgot that.
    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a best friend by your side as you journey through the life is one of life's simplest joys.

    As I'm a little late with commenting on this post I can only hope that whatever Miss Cricket was going through has passed and that she's as happy as she can be with her best friend by her side.

    Many hugs to you Cat and then maybe you can pass them onto Cricket!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!