3.30.2011

Why Do the Flowers Look so Different?



Maybe I am a little left of center.. and that would be the REBEL in me...the HUNGARIAN one...
But as I was going through old photos, finding ones of trips to Hungary to visit my family....
It crossed my mind, that yeh, a lot is different over there, than here... but it also seems that even off the side of
a road.. or in the middle of a marketplace, the flowers just seem so much more, oh..I don't know... alive? Prettier? I mean.. I know we have gorgeous flowers and gardens here in the states.... but perhaps it's the whole
Euro thing.... or the way the Magyar's are so colorful and carefree... (maybe a little gypsy blood, ya know Cricket?)
So you tell me..?
What do you think?

I mean, can you see the brilliance..or maybe its the buildings..?
Most of these are all from Budapest,  flowers at the parliment, the Pest side of 
Chain Bridge, St. Matthia's on Castle Hill or the Astoria Market.

So what do I need to do here..in the U.S.A to make them look so outstanding as they do there?
Or am I just being ridiculous, just because they are over there....and I am here...?



Seriously.... just a view from my aunt and uncles house... totally random wild flowers!


And just a plain window box.... we all know we have seen way prettier here..but it still has that "something..."


Now personally, this is the type of shopping and "going to the market" I like!


And lastly.... the youngen's inside a courtyard.
I don't know... I just have this different "feel" of the flowers there...
Am I wrong?
Well... I am going to head on over to Fishtail Cottage and see what they have to say about flowers today for COTTAGE FLORA THURSDAY'S....
Maybe I am getting as goofy as Cricket  shhhhhhhh!


xoxo
Cat

16 comments:

  1. The flowers are stunning, never seen flowers so blue... maybe it the light in Europe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your photos, SO pretty! Maybe they look so much better because they can plant them earlier in the season than we can? Well at least that's true of Michigan anyway, we can't plant until Middle of May :)

    ~ Just found your blog, stop by ours if you ever get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent some time in Italy (not enough time!) and I agree that the window boxes and public areas are something special. Every where even the most humble space has a window box with flowers, not so in the USA. Could it be we do not share plants anymore? My mother never bought plants...she shared, rooted, took cuttings and such...and she was poor. But she always had beautiful flowers around her. Your images are lovely. Visiting from Flora Thursdays, forgive me for going on so. ♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful images! I love looking at all the gorgeous and vibrant flowers...from Hungary?

    Happy Cottage Flora Thursday!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful Cat! I think that they are more vivid in color, maybe something in the water!? :) I love your photos, what a gorgeous place to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Cat, you did it! Thanks so much for linking up & sharing the garden party with your friends (now your an expert!) What beautiful images, hope your friend isn't too mad? xoox, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I love the blue ones, oh to have something like that in my garden. It's a process...right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. all I know is your pictures are beautiful and that blue salvia is awesome.
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderfu photos. Frame by frame one prettier than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! I think it's the architecture of the buildings that sets the flowers off and makes them even more gorgeous. Everything's prettier in Europe :)

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calling by to visit your Cottage Flora Thursday post, very pretty photos. I think the colour is different here in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have shared a very beautiful garden here and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to link in with some photos...either current or past (during the dormant seasons) to Flaunt Your Flowers on Friday with me. Many absolutely gorgeous gardens participate in this party, and yours would be a welcome visit for them all to make!
    I have enjoyed my visit here today...happy gardening!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    www.tootsietime.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to add that I am so glad I found your blog...I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Cat... yes, I know exactly what you mean, having spent several years in different European Countries I would have to agree... the ambiance is also electrifying and so many places have such rich History so well preserved that it is like taking a step back in time.

    Today the Mailman arrived with a delightful surprise... from a certain Tattered Rebel *winks*... I was quivering with excitement, I SO love surprised! OMG... my Friend you really Blessed me most abundantly and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it ALL!!! I will be doing a Post today of my new Treasures, you really touched my Heart!!! And I have a not so subtle clue about a surprise awaiting you too... I must confirm that the number is 8611 and not 5611 though because I am not certain? Also, COLLINGSWOOD??? Just want to be certain it goes where it should *smiles*... it has been on my Heart to get you your very own, mine is very dog eared but I found a pristine copy... AND the other version of said Sheet Music *squealing with delight* and it just had YOU written all over it so I was beyond excited to procure both and they will be coming your way with some other little surprises!!! I was going to wait for your visit to AZ and totally surprise you... but I just can't keep you or I in suspense like that *LOL*... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU once again, it was so very sweet and generous of you and it is all so PERFECTLY ME!! Big Bohemian Hugs... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty post. I think you may be right about the flowers' being more colorful! I am linking over from Flora Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do agree with you. Cities here don't plant many flowers. Things are just not picturesque enough! Don't know how to get people to make an effort to clean up their property and landscape. My garden club is encouraging the local chamber of commerce to have a workshop for business owners about how to use plantings to improve the look of their property. Such a simple thing that could have an impact on business.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!