4.17.2011

Come on in....


The coffee is brewing...fresh fruit and muffins in the basket...
And the bathroom is around the corner.
Now that you have the lay of the land.....
It's all you.
That is pretty much  how it goes in my house.
Literally..
The coffee pot is ALWAYS on...
People just make themselves feel at home.
I don't even have a doorbell.
Can you imagine?
Although there are times when I would rather have steal
bars to keep 'certain' people out!

So.. I have gotten this complete fascination for doors....
Don't ask me why..
I just do..
Maybe it's because it's your first inclination of what a persons home is all about...
The first place you land when you get there.
I don't quite have the answer yet.


I love old vintage door knobs...
chippy paint... although not necessarily on my front door
(but Cricket's mermaid shack!)
And of course..
the
WALK!!!!
NO RUNNING!
or
GET THOSE MUDDY SHOES OFF MY FLOORS!
I suppose I was kinda drawn to the photo on the far right...
And if you haven't noticed a little theme going here....????


If not one, then 2 or 3 are always at my door.
Oh..kids too....


And the colors of these....
Ahhhh..
One so sophisticated, and the other so laid back....
Did you figure out my theme yet?


Well....
No matter what door you choose to enter..
You will be given a warm welcome..
a cup in hand...
a smile to greet you,
And perhaps a purrrrrrr too!

Well....if you thought BLUE was my little theme...
You are right, but only 1/2.
That is for linking up with Sally's Blue Monday
my other is....
the
CATS!!!!
you know....kinda like my name....?
Anyhow..
Come on in and have some coffee with me as we take a 
gander at what is happening at 
Mosaic Monday.
Come on...
What are you waiting for?

xoxox
Cat

28 comments:

  1. What came to my mind here is Leann Rimes 'Blue'.
    Now I'm singin' it. These blues are gorgeous! Not just the blues but the different doors and entrances.....inviting to say the least.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue is my favorite color and you've captured so many wonderful shades with these photos. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love doors. I have recently started taking photos of doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue doors are so pretty especially the arched one....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find these doors? They are amazing. I wish we had such beautiful doors, but mostly I find ours are so bland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those blue doors!

    Happy Blue Monday, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that round arch door with the ring knocker!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful way to show a theme or should I say 2 themes. Loved the doors and cats. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love coffee, love doors, love cats. I'll be over! I have some great door photos and I'm thinking of one blue one that would look great in your collection. I guess I'm drawn to the opportunities that await me when I go through the door. There is a mystery and sense of adventure that is so irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so cool! Love the steps that lead to one of the doors, worn stone painted such a bright blue! lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a fantastic blue door, and entrance. I'm following you on NetWorkedBlog also..Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy WONDERFUL Blues! Those were awesome. The white cat with the blue ... and the one with the back turned to us. Very unique and great post. Love your profile photo and that's some profile. You blog title caught my attention ... I'm browsing the blues for a while ... Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to come on in and sit and chat with you! I love these beautiful blue doors and the kitties are adorable! I always love a friendly feline at my feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love your blue bayou song!

    Would you mind peeking at my blues? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is totally awesome!!! I love doors too and doorknobs. We renovated a home that was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina...Well, the day we got our front door put on, I cried. It's gorgeous with beveled glass...I felt like I had found my dream home!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post I love the doors all very different and exotic even! Thanks for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cat! What a fun post! I'm all for cats and blue, too! We have a siamese and a orange tabby!
    They are the coolest! And blue, my fave color to wear besides white!

    Thank you for entering my giveaway, and for purchasing your fave thing from my shop!! What a joy!!

    Have a lovely day!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for dropping by and right now I'd give
    anything for blue skies!
    I love your blog I'll be back for another
    visit real soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous collection of doors. How on earth did you find so many blue doors WITH cats in them!!! You must be a Google whizzkid!!!

    Your house sounds so lovely and welcoming. I'll just pack my bags!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those are some awesome doors! I've never seen so much blue...great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos of dreamy blue doors and cute kitties! Thanks for visiting me and becoming a follower. I'm following you now too. I think I found a soul sister.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I too, have a "thing" for doors, and these are just beautiful!
    I wish you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, those are some amazing doors! Great blue post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now these are amazing doors! Love the ones with cats in the photos - the blue is spectacular!
    Hope you're having a great day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. These blue doors are lovely. Have you ever been to Jodphur-the doors are painted blue in the old city.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love all the blues and the doors. And it my favorite color too. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you very much for your sweet comment on my Magnolia branches photos! I edit my pics in Picnik & soften them up playing around in curves. Hope that helps! :)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!