6.01.2011

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden


I never did promise one, but I ended up making one.
For over 12 years I worked long and hard....
Finding the perfect color...
Shape....
Scent...
And of course...
There is always the 
"NAME"
I mean we even have an "Ingrid Bergman" rose...
The Charles de Gaulle...
We have tea roses...
Cabbage Roses...
Here is the "Tropicana Hybrid Tea" in the rain.

This is a David Austin.. although her name is lost on me right now....
But it lets off the most wonderful fragrance...
Along side of the house we have some Yellow Climbers...
Along the pool fence area wild bunches of these that seem to grow through my peach trees!!
Then outside the back deck and surrounding it along with Lilacs are the 
infamous "KNOCK OUT"Roses....

Somewhere between those "KNOCK OUTS" one of these came along...
I think the little pirate planted it and didn't let me know....
Now we mustn't forget the English Winchester Rose...
Now for fun by the kids little "play house"
My little mermaid wanted her own
"MAGIC KINGDOM"
So here it is as it started!
Then lastly...
Momma Cat's prize...
See I NEVER did promise him a rose garden...
But he did promise not to break my heart.
So when I go....
So do the roses....

xoxo
Cat

linking with

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the old heritage roses with all the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really nice garden with all the pretty roses. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your roses are beyond breathtaking!! And look--I got on!!! yay! I was so surprised!! I hope that EVERY day is "coming up roses" for you!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful pictures from your roses! I think the name of the David Austin Rose is Queen of Sweden but I am not sure.
    Have a nice day
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "Magic Kingdom" is wonderful!! Your little mermaid must love it!!
    Thanks for the education on roses!!! They are all so beautiful!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful roses!
    Hoping all is well with you.
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's - you have some of the mosts amazing roses..they are so healthy looking! nothing better than a happy rose in a garden - please share your secret! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! I am partial to the look of the Austins, though I love the white single rose that is growing through your peach tree. All very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish our roses looked like that. Several came with the house in a poor state of affairs that we have worked for years to revive. Since then I have added a David Austin something, Mme Alfred Carrie climber, America climber, Eden mini climber in pink but my favorite is Enfant La France the smell is heavenly...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful roses and I would definitely take them too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely roses!! Thanks for following me, I'm now following you too!!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You amaze me at every turn. So much talent and so much passion. Thank you for sharing your rose garden. I've never loved the rose as much as I do now seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!