10.20.2011

A Butterfly Garden Wedding


Well, I told you that we have a REAL WEDDING ON the brain!
But this post is kind of different....
My niece (on my husbands side) has a thing for butterflies.
Due to the fact that my husbands and my sister-in-laws late mother did....
And they truly believe that whenever a butterfly is hovering around them that "that" butterfly is either their mom..or one that mom sent.
In all seriousness...the BUTTERFLY is a huge symbolic thing for the entire family.
So when thinking of unique ideas... I was like,  BAM!!! The BUTTERFLY!
So here are a few things I dug up for flower arrangements, outdoor butterfly themed weddings.
Now of course this would be if she decided to go beachside for her special day.

Now another interesting fact is that the Butterfly has long been a symbol of rebirth and transformation.
A butterfly wedding theme is the perfect way to symbolize new life as the married couple.

Now some interesting ideas for butterflies in your bouquet....

Now some ideas for centerpieces.....
( I love this one!)

Now for the Garden of Butterflies...

Beautiful isn't it?
And now my favorite so far...
Now this is Gorgeous!!!
So hopefully this might spark something, I know if and when her mom see's this... my niece may not have any other option!!!  :)

I leave you with an old Irish Blessing:
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun.
And find your shoulder to light on.
To bring you luck, happiness and riches.
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
xoxo
Cat

Linking up with 

7 comments:

  1. Breathtaking!!!!!!!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, butterflies are awesome. For some reason these bouquet photos reminded me of the artichoke bouquet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cat,

    You are right. Butterflies are a perfect theme for a wedding.

    I adore the dress in your "favorite" picture. And I thing the bouquet with the vintage bling is new and beautiful.

    As always, you have excellent taste.

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful! I love the idea of them pinned in your hair, so pretty and romantic.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have outdone yourself with this one!! I thin the sentiment behind the butterflies is so sweet!! And those bouquets and centerpieces are amazing!!!
    and thank you for the blessing!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty images and pretty blog you have here!

    Hugs from your fan in Paris xx

    Camille @ The Wild Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love butterflies! Fantastic photos Cat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!