2.07.2012

My Daddy is Gone


RIP DADDY 
01.17.1938~02.06.2012


Dad is the one who is there, always without question.
He is the one who holds us all together, through good and bad.
Dad is the one who loves us for who we are and all that we are.
He is the one that inspired us to be who we are.
Dad is the one who loves us unconditionally.
 
Dad is the one who chased away the shadows in the dark of night.
He is the one who carried us when we could go no further.
Dad is the one who guides us, even when he is lost.
He is the one who leads the way to ensure the path is safe.
Dad is the one whose hands hold ours to comfort us.

Dad is the one whose laugh fills the room with joy.

He is the one who smiles and lights up the world.
Dads is the voice that echoes in my mind, to lead me on the right path.
He is the one I see when I sleep.
Dads is the breath that gives us all life.

Dad is the one that held my mother tight, loving her through it all.

He is the one that she loved more than all other loves.
Dad is the one who held me strong when her journey here was over.
He is the one who stood strong through all of the pain and tears.
Dad is the one that comforts my sorrow, even in his hour of deepest pain.

Dad is the one whose hands were callous from work, whose touch is soft and gentle.

He is the one whose heart is tender, whose spirit is loving and kind.
Dad is the one whose soul is pure and untainted.
His are the hands that I hold to comfort him in his hour of fear.
Dad is the one that I love and is part of my soul, always.

I will always love and miss you Daddy.
xoxo
Catherine 

15 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your loss!! this photo is lovely and a happy memory for you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat, I am so very sorry. I said good-bye to my mother in 1986. My father is still going strong at 97 but I know the day will come when I will have to say good-bye to him.

    I hurt for you, dear friend.

    Your Daddy is in heaven looking over you and surrounding you with his love. I pray that you will receive a visit much like I did the night before my mother's funeral. I was alseep and an angel came to me and said, do no cry for your mother, she is with me. She is happy. Be happy. I woke up startled but smiling. I woke my sister Mary up and told her. She had a similar vision at the same time I did.

    I am praying for you and your family. I just love the photo, Cat.

    Sending you muuch love and a big ((HUG))

    xoxo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat,
    I'm so sorry that you have lost your dear Father. Just remember he is a whisper away. You can still talk to him and feel his comfort and love. These things can never be taken away.
    This beautiful tribute that you have written is so endearing and sweet.

    Blessings to you Sweetie. I'll be thinking of you.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear of your great loss....
    Prayers to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to hear of your loss. Please know you and family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Blessings. Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss, and for your family and the kids. The pictures say it all, a loving joyful man. Prayers to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat... I am so so sorry to for your loss. I lost my daddy to cancer 4 years ago next month.You're loss is great, and I feel York pain. May he rest peacefully.Stay strong friend. We are all here to help understand you. Xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat, I am so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute your poem is.I will be praying for you that God will give you strength and peace. Jennifer aka Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. What sweet and kind words you said about him.

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to read about your loss. May your memories of him keep him near and dear. May God help you heal and be the Father to hold you now in your time of need. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our daddys are the first men in our lives and the ones we hold as yardsticks for the men we choose to allow into our lives later on. Reading your beautiful tribute, I know his shoes were big ones to fill.
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Beatiful Tribute to your Dear Dad. Having Great Dads is a Priceless Gift and Blessing. I miss mine every day, may the Lord give you comfort and Peace as you grieve.

    A Big Hug from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about your dad. Hope your memories will ease your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Cat, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I just know you must have been the light of his life.

    Ciao bella,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet letter about your Dad. I am so sorry you have lost him. I miss my Dad too. He has been gone 13 years and sometimes it feels like yesterday and I cry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your rebellion! It is much appreciated! YOU ROCK!